Sunday, July 03, 2011

A Few Quick Notes 545

-So far today seems like a pretty nice day, though at times I get the sense that things are momentarily not quite as bright as they might be. Maybe this meteorological indecision has something to do with the thunderstorms that are forecast for tonight and/or tomorrow morning?

-Last night Hantsport, as part of its Canada Day celebrations, hosted a hypnotist show in their fire hall. Given my fascination with hypnotist's shows I was quite interested in attending, and Jeannette seems to have felt similarly.

Unfortunately, many in Hantsport didn't take advantage of the opportunity to attend such a show and we were, consequently, part of a relatively small crowd. Actually, at one point in the show there were more volunteers on stage than there were non-participant audience members.

Eventually, four volunteers were selected as the show's primary participants.

Anyway, though it was a small crowd I am pretty sure that everyone in attendance had a great time. And maybe even more importantly, none of the participants did anything truly embarrassing or crude that they might really regret today of if they look at photos of the event.

-Yesterday while taking care of a few errands Jeannette and I acquired a few new inexpensive house plants which have since been re-potted.

Though it is quite common as a houseplant, I am kind of excited about our newly acquired spider plant. The sprouting of new plantlets in a way of propagation that I find quite fun to watch.

We also acquired some peppermint, another plant that has the ability to spread quickly. I am hoping that will will soon have a full pot of the stuff, not that I really have any plans for using it.

A small African violet was also picked up and then re-potted in a novelty boot shaped pot.

The final type of plant we picked up has a name that I can't remember. I was attracted to this plant because it is supposed to do well in low light and humid environments. It is currently in the bathroom.

-Over the past few days I have been curious to figure out the type of vine that is growing along the property line between our apartment and the neighbouring property. Yesterday I finally took something of a closer look and noticed a pattern of growth that looks something like an undeveloped bunch of grapes. Now that I have done a litte searching online I can see that the leaves are grape leaves and that these structures are likely pre-grapes. Of course, I still don't know exactly which kind of grapes they are of if they ever will be edible but I am kind of hoping that I might be able to collect a few at some point.

-Assuming all goes well and the weather holds, Jeannette and I should be heading to Ultimate this afternoon.

No comments: