Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Few Quick Notes 546

-The summer weather that we were recently enjoying seems to have slipped away and been replaced with temperatures in the mid-teens and grey skies and rain. I guess that in at least some ways this is preferable to 30 degree temperatures with high humidity.

-A few days ago Jeannette and I were finally able to make our first harvest from this year's container garden. Earlier this week we picked about 10 Purple Queen beans (basically green beans). In the next few days we should be able to get a strawberry or two and some leaf lettuce. Unfortunately it seems that our cherry tomatoes are still a ways away from being ripe, and our giant pumpkin even further. Our carrots and corn are also just about as far away from a successful harvest. (Why do I keep trying to grow a number of types plants in pots that shouldn't be grown in pots?)

-For breakfast I made another batch of pumpkin bran muffins. I give myself another few months before I have burned myself out on these and I never want to eat them again. And because I now have an open can of pumpkin puree I will have to find a use for the remainder of the can in the coming days.

-I guess I should get on with my day.

No comments: