Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Few Quick Notes 575

-We had another mostly nice day in Wolfville today.  At times, almost inexplicably, a few raindrops fell marring what would have been an almost perfect day.

-While visiting the grocery store I managed to snag a quick time-lapse vid of the clouds over the dykes.



[Embedded video]

I still find the apparent cloud ceiling that exists in the valley an amazing phenomenon.

-Last night I made myself a nice batch of mashed potatoes as a late night snack and then I completely ran out of interest in my mashed potato snack.  Hopefully I will have a little more interest in a left-over/day old mashed potato snack this evening.

-While running errands this afternoon I impulsively decided to stop in at a local barbershop in a neighbouring town to get a haircut.  Much to my surprise, the place was absolutely packed.  Apparently  missing four good haircutting days leads to something of a backlog among members of the barbershop visiting community.  I guess I know now that Easter Tuesday isn't the time to try to drop in for a haircut at a barbershop.

-It seems that my post on Florida's population was more popular than I expected.  Who knew you were all waiting for my thoughts on the implications of Florida's population boom?

No comments: