Friday, July 06, 2012

It's hot, humid, and dry in Ottawa

Some kind of heat warning has been issued for today and tomorrow in Ottawa.  I'm not exactly sure what this means, or how I will be behaving differently as a result of this warning, but I guess it's nice to know that I should expect it to be hot (and humid).

Actually, despite the fact that the warning is a 'heat warning,' my understanding of the situation is that the warning has actually been issued because the expected combination of heat and humidity.  We've had higher temperatures and not had such warnings issued, so I guess we're in for particularly high humidity.

This doesn't bode well for today being a pleasant or productive day.

The other weather weather related news that broke yesterday is that Ottawa is apparently in the midst of a 'level one' drought. Given the recent absence of rain I guess this makes sense.

I guess I find it funny despite the basis for the heat warning is the presence of high humidity, but at the same time the absence of 100% is causing another set of problems.

No comments: