Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It finally happened

For quite a while I've been wondering when I would first get to experience a bus-other vehicle accident.

Well, last night the answer was revealed to me with a thump as the bus I was riding in clipped the mirror of a car it was passing with a loud thump.

Of course because this was my first such accident I wasn't up on the protocol.  And despite the fact that most of the passengers soon exited the bus I wasn't sure if this is what I should be doing, or if another bus would be sent to pick us up.

After speaking to the bus driver I learned that they wouldn't be sending another bus for us, but that we were supposed to walk to the next stop and pick the bus up there.  And because of my slight delay in getting off of the bus I almost missed the bus at the next stop - and that would have really been a bummer.

Anyway, I'm just hoping that yesterday's lite accident will be the one and only bus-other vehicle accident I'll have the opportunity to participate in.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Luckily you were in the bus, not the other vechicle.

Anonymous said...

Had the same thing happened in NYC, ten people would have suddenly jumped ON the bus to then wait for the cops to show up and then claim injuries (typically whiplash) suffered during the event or as they were trying to get off the midst of a panic.

Cameron said...

Fortunately it wasn't a very severe accident and no one was hurt.

I definitely didn't see anyone trying to pull the whiplash trick. Had the accident been more than a damaged mirror a few more people might have stuck around, and a few might have even considered running scams.