Saturday, November 16, 2013

It was my first rodeo

Earlier this week I attended my first rodeo.  Now that we're living in the 'west' it seems appropriate that I've seen a rodeo, though I'm not sure if I'll have to attend too many more in the future.  Of course, Jeannette, as a militant (her preferred word is 'passionate') vegan, is "absolutely disgusted" that I've even seen one rodeo and insists that it will be my last (if she has anything to do with it).

While there I managed to snag a few hot vids.  Of course, they're posted here only for educational, not entertainment, purposes.

The steer riding was almost a little hard to see.  I suspect the more technical manoeuvre is typically blocked by the horse the cowboy is riding.



[Embedded video]

The 'bull fighting' was something I didn't expect to see.  My guess is that this event was created to give the rodeo clowns a chance to shine/get worker's comp opportunities?



[Embedded video]

Barrel racing was the only 'cowgirl' event of the rodeo.



[Embedded video]

For one event, kids were even involved.  Not surprisingly, I managed to get one of the less successful riders (though I did get the one with enough foresight to equip himself with a helmet cam).



[Embedded video]

Calf roping also took place.



[Embedded video]

Some bull riding also happened.



[Embedded video]

It was definitely an experience.

No comments: