Sunday, August 07, 2011

I wish I had known about this years ago

A few minutes ago I was looking at a few articles through the Cambridge Journals website when I noticed a small RSS icon at the bottom of the page. After a little investigation I learned that I could subscribe to a feed for the journal I was looking at at the moment. This feed contains links to the articles and content published in the journal.

With a little more investigation I learned that I could subscribe to an aggregated feed containing content from any and all of the Cambridge Journals journals I am interested in. After quickly browsing their offerings I selected about a dozen journals that seemed relevant to my studies. Once a week I should be receiving updates about newly published articles in these journals.

Now that I have subscribed to these feeds I realize that I should have know about these features years ago and that I should probably find similar services from other major publishers and sign up to those feeds.

It is definitely a little embarrassing that I only just found this service.

And how did people get information before RSS feeds became so widely available?

No comments: