Tuesday, August 30, 2011

These always seemed risky to me

For years the tradition has been that members of the Stanley Cup winning NHL team each get to have the cup for a day. That each player has such control over the cup for a period of time has always seemed a little strange to me given the symbolic importance of the item being lent to a bunch of professional athletes in their twenties and thirties.

Anyway, earlier today in St. John's when the cup fell from a table and was visibly dented my sense of apprehension was somewhat confirmed. Anyway, feel free to check out the Telegram's video here. I am sure that by the end of the day this will be all over the internets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 'flim' was made over twenty years ago. Do you have any idea what happened to Diemert or his ideas since?

Cameron said...

I too was curious about what happened in the years after the film. As far as I could tell he just continued to do what he had been doing. It is also important to note that in quite a number of discussion threads it was suggested that his workmanship was really sub-par and that the Zero he made was no really 'up to code.'