Wednesday, December 28, 2011

As the year comes to an end

At the beginning of the year I was really cranking out blog posts at an unsustainable and unhealthy rate.  By the end of February we already had more than 140 posts.

Not surprisingly, it didn't take Neil long to comment on this prodigious rate of production.  Neil suspected that I might overwhelm readers before long.

And Neil being Neil he was also interested in turning the whole situation into something of a game.  Neil, Rebecca, Jeannette, Peter, and I all supplied guesses as to how many posts I would have by year's end.

My recollection is that a few people, maybe Rebecca and Jeannette, guessed close to 500 while I thought my own production would be closer to 400.

Amazingly, with little conscious effort to make it so, I suspect that my number will the the number that is closest to the actual number of posts.  And while some of you might point out that this isn't surprising as I was the only one in the position to control the output of blog posts I don't recall ever trying to manipulate the number so that it would be closer to my guess, though I did know that I would be embarrassed if I had close to 600 posts and had allowed other commitments to fall by the wayside.

Anyway, maybe this is all just a way of drawing attention to the fact that we are now approaching the end of the fifth full calendar year of Montifax's existence.  I guess I am not only surprised that it still is an active entity, but that five years in it was looking as though we would have more posts than ever.

To our loyal (and presumably masochistic) readers, thanks for sticking with us.  Our readers more than anyone else know that even after five years of blogging we really aren't that good at it yet and that even a few more years probably won't help that much.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

You had guessed 450. Neil guessed 400 posts. Peter 480, Jeannette 498 and me with 575 posts.

Cameron said...

Thanks for the update. I guess my memory was a little off, though I knew I definitely wasn't the highest guesser (and I suspected that I was in the 400s).

Rebecca said...

I had the sheet. I didn't remember exactly.