Thursday, January 03, 2013

A Few Quick Notes 595

-Though it was -10 tonight both Jeannette and I were commenting the day's warmth.  Sure, we both still wore jackets when we went to the grocery store, but I'm not sure either of us zipped them up.

-So, it seems that maybe at least a little residential snow clearing occurs in Regina.

When I came home from work I noticed that a few inches of packed snow had been removed from the roads near our apartment. Of course, these streets still have a few inches of packed down snow on them, and in at least one case the dreaded ruts are already beginning to re-appear.

-As I returned home from work I reminded Jeannette that this morning she expressed an interest in a return visit to a local grocery store this evening.  Of course, we could both remember that Jeannette asked to go to the store but neither of us could remember why she wanted to go.  Throughout our visit, though to no avail, we both kept trying to recall the original reason for our trip.

Not surprisingly, just a little while after we returned home Jeannette remembered that she wanted a new pillow.  Woops.

I guess we'll be heading back tomorrow.

-Today Neil sent me a link about oxalate content in certain foods that lead me to additional material on the same topic.  The real bummer of the whole excursion out onto the fast lane of the information super highway was that I learned that just about everything seems to have kidney stone causing oxalates.

Well, at least I still have water with lemon, right?

Kidney stones are the worst.

-But at least the days are getting longer?

No comments: