Saturday, January 26, 2013

Back down on the felt ranch

After last Saturday's trip to the felt ranch I thought that there wasn't much more to do once the booties and owl had been finished.

Turns out that on Sunday I realized that I could make another trip back to the ranch to turn a handful of the scraps into something or other.  Of course, when I started the recycling project I was really just interested in getting a bunch of the scraps to stick together in something that resembled a ball.

Once I had a ball I decided to use a bit of the black wool that I had purchased (which, until then, had been unused).  From there the remaining bits and bobs just 'spoke to me' and revealed themselves as cat head components.



Now we have a poorly made felted cat head made from scraps and because I put a little bit of effort into it I'm not entirely inclined to throw it away.  Great.  This is the kind of thing we definitely need.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! And I love the picture. It's totally without scale. Your cat head could be the size of a fingernail, could be the size of a beach ball. I'm hoping the latter!

Kathy said...

You may have a new calling.