Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Christmas Miracle for Jeannette

Not surprisingly, Marie wasn't particularly pleased with Pierre's arrival.  For the next few days every time Marie saw Pierre she hissed in his direction or at anyone she associated with Pierre.

Fortunately, with more exposure to Pierre the frequency and intensity of the hissing diminished.  Sadly, at first it didn't seem that the absence of hissing necessarily implied a fondness for Pierre on Marie's part.

Then, after a little coaxing on my part, I managed to get both Pierre and Marie on my lap yesterday afternoon.  After a little aloofness from Marie she started grooming Pierre, eventually rather furiously.



[Embedded video]

Since this display of affection things have definitely been better between the two cats.  Though I haven't much outright inter-cat cuddling, I'm confident that it will be a common occurrence before long.

No comments: