Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Few Quick Notes 605

-After temperatures just above zero, we've now dropped into the -20 zone.  As surprising as some of you might find it, I actually prefer this temperature because it's much drier and easier to content with while walking.

-I seems that between Friday night and Saturday morning we had a bit of a secret snowfall.  Because it was just a few centimetres and because it was almost -40 (with wind chill) I opted to leave it on the ground yesterday.  Of course, this means that at some point today I'll have to head out and deal with it.  Yum.

-In a rare roll reversal, this morning Jeannette suggested a trip to the grocery store and I suggested that such a trip wasn't necessary.  I wonder when this will happen again?

-After nine days off, I'll finally have to head back to work tomorrow.  Hopefully my sleep schedule hasn't been too contorted by this break.

-Thanks to our turkey-free lifestyle this holiday season hasn't been too bad for our diets.  Aside from an overconsumption of holiday breads, we've managed to eat pretty normally over the past few weeks.  I guess this means we won't need to make any sure-not-to-be-followed dieting resolutions for New Year's?

No comments: