Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 114

-Today appears to be another beautiful day in Montreal. The only downside seems to be that the expected high will be approaching 26, which is a little warmer than I am interested in experiencing at this time of year.

-It seems that the Canadian dollar is now within 1 cent of the U.S. dollar. What seems striking about this is that none of my increased purchasing power has become apparent. In particular, I still seem to be paying more for books. A book I purchased a few days ago is $5.00 more in Canada than in the U.S. One would think that these differences would be a thing of the past. I guess vendors are taking advantage of our historical willingness to pay more than people in the U.S.

-Our mouse saga seems to be ongoing. While we have caught two, I have seen at least one more. I also worry that I have heard a fourth.

-Today is another day of back-to-back three hour classes. From 1:30-4:30 I have cataloging and then from 5:30-8:30 I have archives. Hopefully I won’t forget to pack a meal to consume between classes.

No comments: