Friday, November 09, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 128

-Both yesterday and today Montreal has experienced flurries, though in neither case did these have any real staying power. As one might expect, for this to have happened the temperature is relatively low, though my no means unpleasant. Actually, I have not started to wear a hat or scarf yet, something that might be necessary if they temperature continues to drop.

-Tomorrow is a big day at the library school. Not only will the director of libraries be giving a talk about the future directions of McGill libraries, but this will be followed by a school wide mustache competition.

If you are wondering, there will be at least two divisions in the mustache competition, all-natural and artificial. As of yet I am not quite sure if I will enter or not, and if so in which division.

-Today, while at school, I had the opportunity to watch the documentary “The Hollywood Librarian.” Unfortunately, I wasn’t all that impressed. The film seemed to want to cover all things library and proceeded to do so in a somewhat haphazard fashion. The one element that seemed to receive little attention was how libraries and librarians are portrayed by Hollywood. I was glad that admission was free, though as one of my professors commented, it did cost an hour and a half of my time (which may have been a bit too steep a price for admission in this case).

-I had to go on a herbal tea run tonight. As it is project season I am up to about 5 or six cups a night.

-Tonight I made a batch of humus with a grinder that I borrowed from my mother. In the past I had to use a food mill and found the process to be very slow and inefficient. With the new (actually it is quite old) I was able to grind the chick peas in just two or three minutes.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Are you going to show us the moustache so we can help with your descision?

Kathy said...

That grinding speed is impressive!