Sunday, February 03, 2008

Apartment Update 3

-It seems that on Wednesday Nithum and I will have to vacate our apartment for some number of hours to accommodate a visit by the exterminator. In the notice we received were told that this visit is pre-emptive in nature (is this the same thing as ‘shock and awe?).

While this shouldn’t be too big a deal, the major problem is that all of the cupboards in the kitchen and bathroom need to be emptied. This will presumably take some amount of time and be of some inconvenience. My initial thought is that I should reassemble some of the moving boxes that we have and quickly load them up and then place them in the living room.

We also have to clear out the floors of our closets, which shouldn’t take me too long in the context of my bedroom. In the context of the main coat closet this may not be the case, particularly as it will involve moving a large air conditioning unit, boxes, and a sleeping pad.

Actually, the worst part about it all is that it means that we need to vacate the premises by 8:30 and then remain out for a number of hours, before coming back to our torn apart dwelling.

-It seems that the number of sections of our parquet floor that are not actually attached to the floor is growing. My theory is that the lose pieced move and then knock free additional pieces, causing the problem to grow at an almost uncontrollable rate.

-I have installed my first piece of bottle-cap art in the living room. We now have a ‘flower’ coming out of the ground with the sun shining above. Pretty classy if I may say so myself.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can we see a picture of you art?

Unknown said...

What does the management say about the parquet flooring? I would think that they might like to fix it.