Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 154

-While the past few days had been quite cool, today is significantly warmer. When I first went out today I was surprised to find that a full winter coat wasn’t really necessary. More recently, some wet-ish snow has started falling and melting in the above zero temperatures.

-In the past few days I have been listening to the The Sound of Young America family of podcasts. In particular, I have been listening to The Sound of Young of America and Jordan, Jesse, GO, both of which are particularly enjoyable in remarkably different ways.

-For the past few days I have also been trying to work on a grad school application. While I have been putting in hours the product doesn’t seem to be materializing. For some reason I seem to be handcuffed in terms of productivity. I wish that I could find a way past this impediment (the same holds true with other academic work).

-Yesterday about 20 library school types went curling at the Royal Montreal Curling Club. Officially, the event was held by the library school wing of the ACA (a Canadian archives organization), though more participants were from the library stream. The other thing that was noticeable was that most of the participants were library rather than archives students.

While I was one of the more experienced curlers I didn’t really manage to make all that many shots. Part of this I blame on the curling club liaison indicating that the ice was fast, something that was quite clearly not the case.

Fortunately, I was able to impress people with my yelling of ‘hurry’ and ‘hard.’ Most people don’t quite expect me to be as loud as I am.

-Last night I made some nice chicken, potato, and vegetable soup. I will likely have some of this for dinner tonight, how exciting.

No comments: