Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hopefully to clue things up

For better or worse I have recently been somewhat intrigued by the coverage and story of the recent election of Ruth Ellen Brosseau (though I realize that in the larger scheme of things this is really not a particularly important story). Actually, I suspect that I wouldn't have found this story the least bit intriguing had I not noticed that Ms. Brosseau's parliamentary profile lists her language preference as French even though it seems to be pretty widely accepted that she is more comfortable in English. (For a while I wondered if this profile might be modified to reflect reality but I now have the sense that 'French' is there to stay whether or not that is actually her preferred language.)

As a follow-up, and hopefully a conclusion, I thought I should provide a link to footage of an interview given by Ms. Brosseau earlier today. The public, and her constituents, should now have a slightly better sense of her ability to communicate in French. I leave it up to you to decide how capable a French speaker you think she is.

No comments: