Saturday, May 11, 2013

If you put it in front of me I'm going to take a picture of it

For whatever reason, I am definitely inclined to take pictures of the dead fish I see on my walks to and from work.  As it happens I encountered such fish on both Thursday and Friday.


On Friday afternoon I finally saw my first partially consumed fish.


I can't help but wonder why I keep seeing all of these dead fish.  Is this just part of a normal Spring die-off, or is there something else at work?  While most of the fish don't seem to be injured, I can't help but wonder if this last fish died of a different cause - maybe an animal attack?

As always, this blog is engaged in providing its readers with small-n cutting edge ecological monitoring.  And isn't this what such a blog should be doing (when I'm not posting vids of kitties or snow melting)?

No comments: