Saturday, June 02, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 101

-Today has been a very strange day in St. John’s. I awoke to a blue sky and what looked like a beautiful day. By about 10:00 I was certain that it was going to pour. By 12:00 it was dry and even more beautiful than earlier in the morning. A few minutes later it was raining, though still bright and sunny. Now it is relatively clear and dry. The only constant throughout the day was wind, which was unrelenting.

-I don’t have a bun in the oven, but I do have two loaves of bread there. Three have been completed and there are 5 more to go.

Not only have I made a significantly larger batch of bread than last week, I have also do this with less freezer space. I am sure that I will be able to figure something out.

-This afternoon my sister and I cleaned my laptop keyboard with cotton swabs and window cleaner. While it doesn’t have the typed on feel, it does look much more presentable. I think it is now clean enough that I won’t be embarrassed when I open it in front of people who are not family members.

-Leaves are finally visible on most trees, though only in a few cases fully formed. I guess the next step is for these newly formed leaves to be consumed by elm span worms.

No comments: