Sunday, June 03, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 102

-We were fortunate enough to have access to the sun today. Unfortunately, the heat that one might normally associate with sunshine did not also show up. I guess I will take the type of weather we had today of the rain and fog that we had earlier this week.

-On Friday evening I finally watched The Interpreter, the first feature film to receive permission to film inside the UNHQ. Aside from seeing many familiar locations, the film was a let down. My favourite part was at the end when the US deports one of its citizens. Maybe it was supposed to be a comedy rather than a thriller, it might have been close to working if that had been the case.

-For the first time in several years I saw an iceberg in the St. John’s vicinity. Apparently this piece of ice had been visible from St. John’s, though when I saw it had been blown around to Blackhead and appeared to have run aground.

-Tomorrow marks the beginning of another Ultimate season here in St. John’s. Hopefully my game will go well tomorrow evening.

-A few days ago my mother purchased a few pounds of cherries. While many connoisseurs would likely intimate that they are far from ripe, they are what I consider perfect. Growing up in Newfoundland and mainly being exposed to fruit picked weeks before it would be ripe has had a lasting effect. Now what I consider to be good fruit is what most people would consider to be substandard. If it won’t crunch when I bite into it I don’t want to even consider eating it.

No comments: