Monday, June 04, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 103

-Another sunny, yet cool, day in St. John’s. While we definitely had a little bit of wind it definitely wasn’t oppressive.

-While looking through judicial inquiries at work today I came across two suicides and a vehicle pedestrian accident that all occurred in the last week of October 1979. Deadly week b'ys.

-This evening, immediately after work I went to Signal Hill with my mother and sister. From this iconic location we were able to see three icebergs very clearly and some number of them in the distance. While my mother and sister were counting about eight in total I think that 4 or 5 would have been a more appropriate number.

-I wore my new Value Village wool sweater vest to work. It turned out that this was a very appropriate choice as the library was pretty cool today. Only late in the afternoon, with the help of the midday sun, did things start to warm up.

-Our first Ultimate game was tonight. While I was not able to play for medical reasons, I was able to stand on the sidelines and watch my team defeat our opponents in a nail-biter. The final score was 11-10. The game ended with the opposing team just outside our endzone.

-Last week’s episode of This American Life was one of their best in years (at least as far as I am concerned). While it is not quite up to the standard set by Running After Antelope, it was pretty good. Particularly from a library and information studies perspective it was of interest. The prologue seemed like a pretty good example of a (one of the few maybe?) knowledge management program. For those of you that are interested, This American Life now has a podcast which is updated every Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long have you been downloading the TAL podcast?

Cameron said...

Since October 16, 2006. Unfortunately some of the first few episodes did not download perfectly.