Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 168

-These past few days have been close to perfect. The temperatures have been quite pleasant, maybe near the ten degree mark, maybe a little higher, but certainly nothing unpleasant. Furthermore, the sun has been out and the days bright. Hopefully we can keep this trend going for another couple of weeks, though word on the street is that we are due for some less than pleasant weather in the coming days.

-It seems that I am now 14/74, though I wouldn't be surprised if my count was a little off. My goal of keeping my win rate up has fallen on hard times. Maybe I need to re-group and re-energize and bring my best game to next few days of the competition.

-I have been busy with school work these past few days, which is the reason for my shortage of posts. Hopefully my failure to post hasn't caused you too many problems. In the next few days I should be back on the wagon and supplying Montifax with regular posts.

-Today, as I was walking home from school a guy in a fancy black car honked at me as he was approaching, and then waved his finger at me as he drove past. I really have no idea what his problem was as I was on the side of an intersection waiting to cross the street. My only idea is that he thought that I was going to walk out in traffic in front of him, but I really don't know why he would have thought that, as my actions were no different than most people approaching an intersection.

-On Monday I was able to submit two final assignments. A third was submitted yesterday. My fourth, and final, final assignment is due next Wednesday. Fortunately I have already done a fair bit of work and am not at all worried about having the work done on time.

-While in Lobos today I noticed that they were selling raspberry flavoured malt beverages for 69 cents. Not surprisingly, I was suckered in and went for the impulse buy. After refrigerating the beverage for some number of hours I eventually decided to give it a try. Much to my surprise, the experience wasn't too bad, though it wasn't all that great either. The raspberry flavour was quite strong, certainly much stronger than the malt flavour. I may try to go back and pick up a few more before they well out.

-Today, while waiting in line at the library a guy cut in front of me. Upon realizing that he cut the line he turned around and said "Sorry, did I cut in front of you?"

I indicated that he had cut in front of me. He seemed to acknowledge this, but then went on with his transaction.

Why ask if you are going to do nothing about it?

-For the first time in some number of weeks I baked some bread. I am not all that pleased with the way things turned out, mainly as some of it is a little closer to burned than I would have desired. Hopefully it tastes good.

No comments: