Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 169

-Today has be largely overcast, though with clear periods, and occasional periods of precipitation. This is quite a change from the weather of a few days ago, which was close to perfect. At least we are generally heading in the right direction.

-It seems that I am now about 14/79 for this year's Roll Up the Rim contest. I received a bit of a boost in my numbers yesterday when a new employee double cupped my coffee with context cups. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to convert this good fortune into further wins. Hopefully I can really kick it up in these next few days as places are starting to run out of cups, meaning that it is really now or never.

-It seems that with changes in weather we are also starting to get other signs of spring, most notably plant growth. Just today I noticed that leaves (or 'leafs' for our hockey fan readers) are starting to sprout on some of the trees outside of our windows. Not only with this be a pleasant sight, but it will provide Nithum with a degree of privacy that we haven't experienced since last Fall.

-Last night I attended the library school end of year party. The event was largely successful and people seem to have enjoyed themselves. I was particularly pleased that I was able to speak to a number of people to whom I hadn't really been able to speak with much these past few weeks. Also, the turnout seemed to be pretty good.

Though I missed much of the performance, we did have a male stripper who danced to "Another One Bites the Dust." Those who did see the show seem to have been quite pleased with what transpired.

-For about an hour and a half I have been trying to do laundry. Every time I head down to see if there are any empty machines I find people loading recently vacated washers. Hopefully I will find some empty ones tonight. It will be very disheartening to have to re-make my bed with a dirty duvet cover.

-In the past few days I have been making curry quite frequently. I am not really sure what explains this recent trend. As this seems to be working out relatively well I don't think that I will be doing all that much to try to break myself of the habit.

No comments: