Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 170

-Today, as well as yesterday have been particularly nice. Environment Canada is claiming that it is presently 23 degrees. It seems that similar weather has been forecast for the next few days.

-It seems that I must be somewhere near 14/85 on the year for Roll Up the Rim. It seems that my end of year drive has failed me. I am presently on a pretty long dry spell, which may be permanent as places are started to run out of contest cups.

-Nithum returned unexpectedly today. With him he brought a friend. Once my father arrives tomorrow we will have a pretty full apartment.

-On Wednesday I was able to hand in my final library school assignment. Assuming that I pass all of my courses I will soon be able to call myself a librarian. A few years ago not all that many people would have guessed that this is a path that I would have taken.

-In preparation for my summer employment, I obtained a haircut yesterday evening. The hair cutter was Nick, a co-worker. We did the deed on his balcony so that the wind was able to take care of most of the clippings.

The result is that my hair is very short on the sides and in the back, longer on the top. What I got was exactly what I was looking for.

-Last night, while playing around with my camera, I decided to take a picture of the street in front of my building. Upon stepping onto my balcony with my camera I heard someone muttering something. I soon realized that the muttering was coming from someone sitting on a planter across the street and that he was muttering about someone taking photos at that time of night (1:30 AM). I think he may have been suggesting that I not take a photo of him (which I wasn't planning on and did not do). I did take a photo of the street next to where he was sitting though.

Some period of time later, maybe a half an hour or so, someone (whom I believe to be the individual from the planter) was having a minor dispute about money with two other individuals. Eventually things were settled and all three faded back into the night.

My theory is that it was a drug deal and that the first guy wasn't particularly pleased to see someone taking photos (as he knew what was supposed to be happening in the very near future). Fortunately, this individual's displeasure with my photographic activities didn't lead to any further actions on his part (something I was mildly concerned about last night).

No comments: