Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 171

-Today, though momentarily moderately overcast, has largely be quite beautiful. Like past days, today hasn't been too hot, but quite nice for walking and participating in outdoor activities.

-I must be 15/88 on this year's Roll Up the Rim contest. While buying a coffee yesterday, my father and noticed that the woman was just about to double cup my coffee with a second contest cup. Unfortunately she was intercepted by a more experienced employee who only allowed her to give me one contest cup.

-My father had a brief but successful visit to Montreal this weekend. Not only were we able to do some socializing with my friends, but we were also able to buy a dozen pint glasses and pack a selection of my possessions (meaning that I have already started the move).

In a few weeks he will return and we will pack up the remains of my life in Montreal.

-This afternoon I attended a picnic on Mont Royal. We ate next to the battle re-enactors and their entourage.

While we watched the unending fights we shared food and listened to a few of the picnic participants perform on a mandolin, a banjo, a clarinet, a glockenspiel, and a trumpet.

1 comment:

Neil said...

These dozen pint glasses sounds promising.