Saturday, February 09, 2013

Why didn't anyone tell me paint is so expensive?

We just returned from our paint selecting excursion.

Not only was colour selection process much harder than I anticipated (mainly because Jeannette vetoed my plan for plain white walls and then also my plan for painting all four walls and the ceiling different colours), but the paint itself was also much more expensive than I anticipated.  Of course, it didn't help that I talked myself out of going for the cheapest of the paint lines that the company offered.

Anyway, we're back now and we have two different whites (ceiling and mouldings), a moldy green, a grey, and a light orange.  Oh, and also all kinds of painting related equipment like brushes and rollers.  At some point in the near future we will have to buy a step ladder.

The worst part of this is that I'm sure that once we're about half way through the job we'll realize that there's something important that we've forgotten (like maybe to buy enough paint) that will cause us to be stalled for some number of hours.

But when I'm not moping about the amount of work this will be and the risk of failure, I'm really quite excited that we'll finally have a place that we can paint and that within about two weeks we'll actually be able to start painting it.  The prospect is a little overwhelming.

Cameron - 7
Neil - 0

No comments: