Monday, October 08, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 121

-Today has been another overcast and cool day. Though that does not mean it has been unpleasant. Hopefully the grey skies don’t mean that we are in for rain in the very near future.

-As many of you may know, today is the statutory Thanksgiving holiday. As some of you may also know, I generally have Mondays off. I guess what is surprising about today is that it really feels like a holiday weekend, even though it is basically the same as my typical weekend.

-While on a walk today I saw what might have been my first dog sled. The sled, without dogs, was strapped to a mini-van heading north on St. Laurent.

-If anyone has any ideas for a costume that I can wear to Thomson House for the Halloween party I would be appreciative. So far all of my ideas haven’t really been that great.

-This morning for breakfast I had something that was approaching what my uncle would call a ‘Big American Breakfast.’ Unfortunately, as I did not have a fried potato product I did not meet the qualifications. I did have scrambled eggs, toast, and bacon, making a pretty unhealthy meal.

-Much to my surprise, I was able to get down to work and finish a variety of assignment for my business and government information classes. Typically when I set such schedules for myself I fall flat on my face and accomplish next to nothing. Hopefully this means I am turning a new leaf and will be able to maintain or improve upon this standard in the future.

No comments: