Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hasta Luego Halifax

My time in Halifax is now drawing near a close. Within a few hours I should be on a bus heading out to the airport for a late night flight back to Montreal and a busy weekend of busing.

Fortunately, I am trying to take advantage of these last hours in Halifax as they could be the last hours here for some time. This morning I was able to go for a stroll along Spring Garden Road and locate the general area in which I need to catch my bus to the airport. Afterwards I was able to take a nice was to and then through Point Pleasant Park. As the name suggests, the area is quite pleasant and a nice place for a leisurely stroll.

Unfortunately after the trip to the park my degree of creativity hit a low point and I returned to Neil's apartment where I continued to read a book about Richard Feynman (which also happens to be by Richard Feynman). Luckily my Halifax creativity struck again, this time as interpreted though the hinternet. Basically, I started surfing around Dalhousie and Dalhousie-related web pages and the library catalogue. The only downside was that I was not able to access the full range of library resources, even though I am using a university supplied hinternet connection. This relatively brief process helped me find some very useful information that I hope to act on in the coming days, weeks, and months.

As I have not completed my packing this is likely where my energy should be focused. Though, as usual, the siren call of the hinternet seems to be pulling towards the glories of blogging and away from filling my suitcase with dirty clothes and White Swan toilet paper.

Actually I am going to be strong and step away now.

Next stop, Montreal.

No comments: