Monday, October 29, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 125

-Over the past few days temperatures have really started to drop in Montreal. Actually, just last night, for the time of the season, I was able to see my breath. Fortunately, the rain of a few days ago has let up and we are having a stretch of pleasant fall weather.

-The Thomson House Halloween party seemed to go relatively well, though the general consensus was that it wasn’t as busy as last year (even though we sold more tickets). This was backed up by tip rates, which were certainly lower than last year.

For the evening I was assigned door duties along with Nick. Each of us was supplied with a counter and he counted each time a person came in will I counted each time a person left. At peak times we had a difference of about 400 hundred in our counts, indicating that we had about 400 partygoers.

Along with counting, Nick and I were also responsible for admitting only those with tickets. Unfortunately, it seems that some people did not know that a pre-purchased ticket was mandatory. This meant that several well-costumed individuals were turned away at the door.

It also seems that I won the competition for best staff costume. Apparently there is some prize money, but I haven’t received anything yet.

-Our apartment door was getting quite bad this morning. It was so bad that it took me about ten minutes to open it, and I was only able to open it with the assistance of a knife. After my departure Nithum was able to contact the building manager and they sent someone to fix the problem.

-Today I started working on a project for which I was hired about two weeks ago. My primary task for the time being is to locate and copy a series of reports, with the eventual goal being an analysis of their contents. For much of the three hours I spend working today I was just familiarizing myself with the previously completed work and making changes to the tables outlining which documents in the series we actually have (as it seems that there are a number that we have that were not noted).

-I have been a bit lax on the blogging front the past few days because of school work. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will do a better job at managing my time so that I don’t have such a glut of work (though to some extent this is not avoidable because I only receive assignments a limited amount of time before they are due).

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

What was your costume?

Kathy said...

Congrats on the costume! You have found a new talent.

Cameron said...

I certainly hope this isn't a new talent.

I went as a not-so-believable Daisy Duke.

The excuse/justification was that I already had the cut of short-shorts (which I receieved as a joke going away gift last spring).