Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 244

-Though cooler than yesterday, today has been a pretty nice day. For much of the day the sun was shining and the wind was relatively unnoticeable. Though cool, the temperatures have remained above freezing these past few days. I keep expecting the temperatures to drop but am then surprised to see temperatures in the teens forecast for later in the week, which is what happened to me today.

-On Sunday evening Neil asked me to give him a haircut. I declined the offer as I am pretty sure that I am not able to do what it was that he wanted. As he still wanted the haircut and I had declined to give it to him Rebecca stepped up and offered to give it a try.

After a few minutes with the clippers Rebecca switched over to the scissors, at which point I asked if I could give it a try. After a few snips Rebecca and I felt that we had likely gone as far as we could comfortably go with the haircut. Fortunately, Neil seemed pleased with the results, largely because all he had wanted, and all we did, was a trim in the back.

Almost before we were finished with Neil I decided that I too could use a haircut. Not surprisingly, Neil agreed to take the buzzers to me. He was able to buzz the sides and back without too much trouble. Though there may be a little unevenness, I was pretty impressed with the results considering it was a first attempt. I will have to get him to give me haircuts in the future.

-Yesterday Neil and I got up bright and early to register for a winter Ultimate league that will run from late November until some time in the Spring. This league, run by HURL, will take place at one of the gyms at the local Canadian Forces base. While I am looking forward to playing, I am a little worried that I will be a bit out of shape for the first few games. Hopefully I will be able to manage without too many problems.

-I have spent these past few days busting hump for a paper that is due on Thursday morning. Though I have spent many hours working on it already, it seems that I still will have several more to put in before I am done.

No comments: