Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 246

-We have had several hours of a combination of rain and snow today. Unfortunately, this precipitation was mixed with a little wind, making for a less than pleasant day.

-On Sunday evening I cooked a 7-pound picnic for dinner. While 7 pounds may not seem like all that much in the universe of picnics and hams, it was a fair bit of meat for three individuals. Not surprisingly, we didn’t even come close to finishing the hunk of meat at dinner. I have since chopped the remaining meat and will use some of it in soup while it is likely that the rest will be consumed in a haphazard manner in the coming days, though so far our consumption of this meat has been slower than expected.

-I am presently in the midst of making chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight. It is likely that I have add more carrots than necessary, but I am looking forward to it nonetheless.

-It seems the class that I expected to have tomorrow has been delayed by a week. While this will mess things up a bit at the end of the term, it should clear my schedule in the interim.

-In less than a week the class for which I am TAing will be submitting their third assignment of the term. It will be my responsibility to grade the papers once they are submitted. I must say that I am a little worried about the process and how much time it might take. Hopefully everything will be smoother than I imagine it will be.

-The classes that I did have this week were quite rousing, at least from my point of view. In both instances I was quite involved in the discussions that took place. Furthermore, I may have managed to get people agitated in today’s class by taking an anti-CanCon position (but while not being opposed to Canadian content).

-Several days ago I pruned/removed some of the bean plants that had recently died. This basically means all of the beans that aren’t in my room. Now that the planters are devoid of living plants I may try to re-arrange things so that the plants that are still alive have access what is left of the daylight that enters our apartment.

While the bean plants didn’t provide as many beans as I had hoped they would, I really did enjoy seeing them grow. I think that I may try to start again in the spring, once we start getting a little more sunlight.

No comments: