Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 247

-Given last weekend's 'storm' I am very pleasantly surprised to see that today is snow free and sunny. Also, it seems that almost all of the snow from the storm has since melted, which makes walking around a little easier than it was for a few days.

-For the third time this fall we will be having a turkey for dinner. Amazingly, it wasn't until several days after purchasing this turkey that I realized that we would be having it on American Thanksgiving weekend. Unlike the previous turkey, and like the first turkey, this one will be stuffed. Hopefully things go as smoothly as the previous two attempts, and are somewhat unlike my most recent roast chicken attempt (the chicken wasn't quite done when I thought it would be).

Possibly the best part of this meal is that I can use it as an excuse to prepare another sticky toffee pudding. I think I have been looking forward to another since before we finished the last one.

-Neil and I played our first game of winter Ultimate last night. Both of us were quite pleased with our team, which was a bit of an unknown as we didn't recognize any of the names of the team roster. The facility, which is part of the Stadacona military base, was also pretty good. The only problem is that the gym floor didn't allow for quite as much traction as any of us would have liked.

After an hour and twelve minutes of play we managed to pull out a 38-34 victory. Neil and I, and presumably the rest of the team, started to drag a little in the second half. Neil and I were hampered by colds, which were really slowing us down in the second half.

-Many of the plants I have been growing from seed have really taken turns for the worse in the past few days. My suspicion is that the reduced access to the sun is really starting to hamper growth and development. In the case of the corn and peppers I really hope that they can hold on until they develop fruit, which seems to be only days away (under normal growing conditions). Fortunately, though they have not gone unfazed, the plants in my bedroom seem to be faring a little better. It seems that the additional light they are getting in the bedroom is of a great degree of consequence.

No comments: