Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Trendy New Snack: Turnip Sticks


In the last few weeks, thanks to a sale on turnip, Neil and I rediscovered raw turnip sticks. Not only do these make a great, low-calorie snack food, but they are also relatively easy to prepare and cheap.

It seems that Neil prefers his chilled in water while I opt to chill mine without water, providing the edges with a slightly drier feel.

Anyway, I highly recommend turnip sticks if you are looking for an alternative to carrot sticks, or any other snacking vegetable.

(I am pretty sure that Neil and I consuming turnip sticks makes it a trend).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Carrots were on sale this week, so I bought 6 lbs of them :D

Cameron said...

I guess I didn't mean to suggest that we have abandoned carrots, because we haven't. This just allows a little diversity in our diet (as well as a little more crunch).