Sunday, November 30, 2008

That time of the year


As American Thanksgiving has come and gone it is now officially holiday decorating season. Like last year I decided to go with hand-made paper snowflakes and a single string of Christmas lights. Hopefully this will be visible but not overstated (one never wants to make such decorations too obvious). Also, if I keep things to a minimum I am less likely to annoy either Rebecca or Neil with my decorating scheme.

Yes, this second picture is of our corn. It has done shockingly well considering that it was planted in Halifax in late August. Though it may be hard to see this in the photo, it seems that he corn is sporting the tussles that are common to mature corn. As of yet we still don't have any evidence of ears of corn, though I expect that these will show up in the very near future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the mature corn is having 'tussles', due to the younger corn displaying 'tassles' in indiscreet and provocative ways.