Wednesday, December 03, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 248

-Though I didn't spend much time outside today, the weather, if I recall correctly, was on the passable side of things. When I did go outside, while cool, it was nothing problematic. Most importantly, I didn't have to deal with any rain, as I did yesterday.

-This weekend Neil gave me a haircut. This is the second haircut that he has given me. Aside a slight resemblance to a bowl cut, it is pretty good. Hopefully he will be able to tidy things up a little once things grow out a little more.

-Based on a suggestion from my mother, I made Turkey Potpie for dinner yesterday. Considering I had never made it before and kind of winged the recipe, I think it went pretty well. Tonight, with more of the left-over turkey I made turkey noodle soup.

-It took me a while to figure out why we were getting all kinds of hits on the images of the 'tanned' turkey, but a few days ago I realized it was because American Thanksgiving was approaching. It seems people must have been looking for turkey preparation ideas as the holiday was approaching. Not surprisingly, in the days since Thanksgiving the number of people coming to Montifax for pictures of turkeys has fallen off rather significantly.

-All three of us are closely following the discussions surrounding the possible Liberal-NDP coalition that is hoping to replace Harper. Who cares about Obama appointing Hilary when we have such exciting politics in our own backyard?

No comments: