Friday, December 19, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 251

-Things took a slight turn for the worse weather-wise here in St. John's. Not only do we now have several centimeters of snow on the ground, but the temperature has also fallen several degrees below zero. I guess this is kind of what I wanted, full-fledged winter weather, none of that rain and near-freezing stuff that we had been having when I arrived.

-Yesterday I managed to wake up in the morning and move ahead with my plan to bake some bread. I ended up baking ten full sized loaves and five mini-loaves. So far I have been quite pleased with the product. The only problem is that we don't have enough freezer space to store the bread so we are giving it away pretty quickly. Consequently, this may mean that I will have to bake another batch if I want to leave my parents with a few loaves before heading home.

-A few days ago Neil suggested that we go bowling, so we ended up going last night. Six of us ended up making to Holliday Lanes for two games. What struck me about the games was the number of marks that we seemed to be bowling. Dave or Neil even managed a turkey, and the other one was within a strike of a turkey.

At one point I went up and bowled a strike only to learn that I had done it on Neil's turn. Obviously he had no interest in getting it fixed. Fortunately, I was able to follow up with a strike on my turn, otherwise I would have been pretty upset with myself.

-A few months ago I started listening to the podcast Stop Podcasting Yourself (a comedy podcast from Vancouver). Of late I have started making a few comments on their blog and sending emails. I was pleased to see that one of my suggestions from the blog comments ended up making this week's show. I am kind of curious to see if the picture I submitted makes the cut.

No comments: