Sunday, June 26, 2011

Another mystery is solved

A few nights ago, during a particularly beautiful sunset, I decided to go for a walk.


While walking along a street not to far from where I live I happened to take a look at a set of mail boxes. Because of the ongoing mail strike I hadn't taken a look at one of these in quite a few weeks, even though when I get mail it is delivered to such a unit.


Almost immediately I noticed that this unit had been modified. The mail slot above the mail boxes had been sealed off (though, strangely, the material doing the sealing still mentions details of mail pick-up).


Until seeing that at least some number of mail slots have been closed I had been wondering how Canada Post expected to deal with all of the mail that must surely be piling up as a result of the strike and it seems that one approach is not to accept it until after the strike. Now that I have seen this one approach to rejecting new mail, I am curious to see if other forms of mail slots have also been sealed, or if they are still capable of accepting mail.

I also do wonder how bad that first day back will be. Will people have saved up all kinds of items to mail? Or with they be like me, and have nothing to send after weeks without access to a mail slot?

All in all, I am just glad to know how at least part of the problem is being dealt with.

1 comment:

Donald McKay said...

Remember, they get paid by the hour, not by the job.