Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Few Quick Notes 540

-The rain and grey skies seem to continued into mid-June here in Wolfville. I am hoping that at some point in the not-to-distant future things may take a turn for the better.

-The aforementioned weather seems to be negatively affecting the rate of growth of some of the plants in our container garden. As a point of comparison, the beans that we planted outside are about a 18 to 24 inches inches taller than the plants outside. The basil plants outside are at most about 1 cm tall while the plants inside are close to 5 cms and are starting to display second and third sets of leaves.

-On Monday Jeannette and I made the mistake of watching game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals. It seems that tonight we have made the mistake of watching game 7. As some of you may know, as things stand right now it looks as though the Canucks are going to be trounced as badly in this game as they were in game 6.

-I made a batch of hummus tonight and am quite pleased with the results. I think that the freshly squeezed lemon juice that I used may explain the high quality of the output. If only real lemons weren't so expensive hear I might be inclined to use them more frequently.

-My post surgery recovery is still ongoing. I am hoping that within a few days I won't need to continue spending a few extra hours in bed a day. This recovery process is definitely a bummer.

No comments: