Saturday, April 13, 2013

A quick 67 step process

So about an hour after I learned that a middle of the night power outage restarted our fridge's cooling capacity our new fridge was delivered.  As much as it was a little disappointing to see that our fridge did have a little bit of life, it's also clear that it was not an entirely reliable piece of equipment.

Fortunately, our new fridge is quite nice (at least as far as I am concerned).  Aside from the absence of an ice maker and a water dispenser, the fridge has basically everything I'm looking for in a fridge (adjustable shelves and a freezer).  Of course, the one feature that the fridge does have that I am not so keen on is a right-side hinged door.

As is the case with many modern fridges, one can at least theoretically change the side on which the door is hinged.  The only problem is that the instructions seem to require the new fridge owner to follow a simple 67 step process that involves completely removing both doors from the rest of the appliance and maybe even further disassembling the doors.

I guess that means that I have an exciting few hours of fridge door re-arranging ahead of me tomorrow. Hurrah!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I've always wondered if this was actually possible. I look forward to hearing about the outcome of your fridge-door re-arranging endeavour!