Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Few Quick Notes 618

-After about a week and a half of unseasonably warm temperatures we've again seen the mercury drop to something approximating the seasonal norm (even if we're still a few degrees above where we normally are).  The nasty consequence of the warm weather is that much of the snow that we had on the ground melted and then re-froze as ice and because many people hadn't been completely up to date on their sideway clearing much of this ice is now on sidewalks around Regina.  Snowfalls, however slight, since the drop in temperatures have conveniently masked much of the ice making walking even more treacherous than it was when it ice was exposed.

-This morning at about 8:30 I went out for a nice shovelling session.  I managed to take care of our shovelling and to also shovel the sidewalks of our neighbours on both sides.  Much to my surprise, I think I managed to take care of this shovelling before any humans walked along the sidewalk.

-For dinner tonight we should be having a nice batch of mushroom and barley soup.  If I decide to be ambitious we may even have some type of freshly baked bread or dessert to accompany the soup (maybe even both).

-I think that after about a month since we first felt the symptons of a cold Jeannette and I are both back to about 98%.  There's a bit more phlegm than either of us would like, but it's not too bad.

No comments: