Thursday, May 03, 2007

Bye bye glasses

A couple of weeks ago I was playing squash and my glasses didn't feel right as they were sitting on face. They seemed bent, but I was sure I hadn't done anything to knock them out of shape. Over the next few days I realized that my frames were structurally weakened where the frame attaches to the lense (I have rimless glasses). About two days ago I decided I was going to have to take immediate action, as my frames were getting noticably weaker every day, and I was afraid they were going to break.

Finally, I called my optometrist in St. John's to confirm that the warranty on my frames had passed and that I could have my prescription sent to me. My plan was then to go spectacle shopping this morning. That however, didn't work out. Not for any good reason though, I just slept in. So the plan became to go this afternoon. I have been making some calls around to enquire about racquetball/squash glasses to get as a 2nd pair free. Between two of the calls, my glasses actually broke. My glasses are currently very close to pinch-nez glasses.

Anyway, here I go to get new glasses. Based on my previous record, I'll be letting you know about how it turns out in about a month.

No comments: