Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 98

-Today was a pretty functional day in St. John’s. While it was overcast all day, the temperature was in the 20 degree range, and the wind died down in the afternoon. While I kept expecting rain, it did not come. Hopefully the trend will remain the same or improve tomorrow.

-As today was quite reasonable I was able to break out my unicycle and go for a ride. My main ride of the day was about 1.5 km. Later in the day I likely went on a 1 km ride. Hopefully in the next few days I will extend the range of my rides. 3 km shouldn’t really be that much of a problem, though it is a different than biking as you are peddling constantly.

Aside from just riding forwards, I also worked on my ability to idle and ride backwards. Unfortunately, I did not see too much improvement in either of these skills. In both instances I was only able to do either of the skills for a few seconds, and with little consistency.

-Yesterday while downtown buying fair trade coffee I decided to check out the price of herbal tea. It seems that Celestial Seasonings tea is at least $1.00 and may be as much as $1.70 more. I knew I was being ripped off here, but I didn’t know that it was by at least 20%.

No comments: