Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 99

-Today is another overcast day in St. John’s. Fortunately, they don’t seem to have forecast rain, but it wouldn’t be the first time that this form of precipitation turned up unannounced. This grey weather is really starting to get to me, stretches of sun for more than about 1.5 days would be quite nice. Also leaves would be nice, though I do like visibility afforded by bare branches.

-The bread that I made last Sunday is still around. Actually, since then I have eaten almost only bread and bread products. I keep meaning to eat a more balanced diet but it just doesn’t happen. Maybe once I run out of bread this switch will occur.

-For the first time in about 8 months I played ultimate. It was great. While I was definitely out of shape, something that caused my speed to be greatly diminished, I was pleased to see that I hadn’t forgotten how to throw the disc. While many of the rules started to come back to me as we played, I definitely should brush up on the rules before the season starts.

-Last night I played four games of Settlers. Peter won all four games, many times while having no serious competition. Hopefully I will be able to have a slightly better record the next time I play.

-Yesterday we seemed to produce an almost unbelievable number of dirty dishes. Just in dinner preparation we seem to have filled the dishwasher, which is particularly impressive as we cooked much of the meal on the barbeque. We then dirtied a pretty large number of plates and drinking vessels during the meal. This problem was worsened by the existence of a desert, causing another round of plates to be dirtied.

As this house is equipped with a dishwasher we tend to fill it up and then store additional dishes until the dishwasher can once again be loaded. In situations as previously described this can be problematic. This problem is then worsened by the tendency of the dishwasher to take upwards of 3 hours to wash relatively clean plates.

-Just moments ago I saw my first dandelion of the season. I imagine that they will really be taking off over the next few weeks.

-On Friday night we received a new lawn mower. While we don’t have a huge lawn this new mower should really be an improvement. Amazingly, it actually looks as though we could move the lawn right now if we really wanted to.

No comments: