Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 93

-Today was another overcast day in St. John’s, though sun did manage to make its existence known for a few minutes this afternoon. It seems that just about every day since I have been back in St. John’s has been overcast and cool. Maybe by the time I leave things will have started to turn around and back again.

-Tonight was “analog payment” night for Frisbee. As of right now I have guaranteed myself a spot but I have not signed up with a particular team or person. I guess in a few weeks (hopefully less than that) I will be able to figure out how this is all going to work out for the summer.

-Bitters no longer sells Strongbow or Newcastle Brown Ale. I was told that these products are no longer distributed in Newfoundland. This was very disappointing news as they were my two favourite beverages (along with that old stand-by water) at Bitters. In many ways I am not surprised, if one can only rarely find Newcastle on tap in the UK, why should one expected to find it all over the place in St. John’s. I just hope that they still have it at Thomson House when I get back.

-I still have heard nothing about the ILL request that I placed yesterday at the public library. What is taking these slackers so long? I know there wasn’t a location listed with the Amicus record, but still, a full 24 hours and nothing? I haven’t been there in a decade and then this is how they treat me on the first transaction after my return.

-For those of you that are interested, there will be a performance of Bach’s Goldberg Variations by Mary O’Keeffe on harpsichord tomorrow night at the MUN School of Muisc. Tickets are $10 for suckers and $5 for students and seniors. My understanding is that things are to start at about 8:00. And no, I was not paid for this plug.

No comments: