Sunday, March 02, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 158

-Though not reported on Environment Canada’s website, today’s temperature really fluctuated by a fair margin. When I first left this house this morning it was on the cool side. By the time went out at noon I didn’t even need to close my jacket and the snow was clearly melting. Then by 5:30 the temperature had clearly dropped again, making standing around outside less than pleasant. Hopefully things don’t get too much colder tonight.

-My current record is 0/10 on Roll Up the Rim. Though I haven’t quite reached it yet, I am approaching the record I set last year.

-Things were pretty dead at work on Friday night. This isn’t really that surprising as it was the final day of reading week. Presumably things will be back to normal as of next week. The only particularly exciting event occurred shortly after I punched out.

My boss got stuck in the elevator for a few minutes. Though I could tell that the door hadn’t closed properly, I couldn’t tell exactly what the problem was. Upon investigating the matter one of my co-workers saw that there was a small piece of plastic preventing the outer door from closing fully. By pushing the plastic into the elevator shaft my colleague was able to allow free door to close, which then allowed the elevator to move on to its desired location.

-My former boss and her husband are in town for the weekend. On her suggestion, we met for a coffee this afternoon. It was fun to sit around and talk about a variety of subject, particularly my former place of employment.

-I have an essay that I need to complete for Monday. I have been working on it on and off for the past number of days but am still not as far along as I would like to be. I will really have to put in a good number of hours tomorrow and knock it into shape.

No comments: