Saturday, March 08, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 159

-Today, or at least for this afternoon and evening, Montreal has been riding out a storm. For maybe the first or second time since I have been in Montreal we actually have a combination of precipitation and snow. Though I should be clear, while it is some of the worst weather I have experienced while in Montreal, it is no where near the worst winter storm I have experienced. It seems as though it may keep snowing well into the night, which would mean more than 24 hours of continuous snowfall.

-I think that I must be 5/22 on Roll up the Rim. Unfortunately, as I have not been posting as frequently as I would like, I have begun to lose track of things.

-It seems that in the past few months, or the era during which the American and Canadian dollars have been almost even, or the American dollar worth less than the Canadian dollar, that I have been getting more American money as change. This is frustrating, not because it is worth less than the coinage I should be receiving, but because I don't like using foreign currency.

I became particularly sensitive to this practice while working in New York. Customers would frequently become quite upset if they received a Canadian nickel instead of an American nickel. Now I can't bring myself to pay with foreign currency, so I end up basically losing the value of the foreign coin as I just set them aside until I visit the other country, which in the case of the United States isn't all that frequently.

-Today, two group-mates and I spent a good number of hours working on a project. Fortunately the time commitment paid off, as we now have completed a fair portion of the work. This is particularly good for me as I have a number of other pieces of work to deal with this week.

-Pineapples have been on sale at Provigo this week. I purchased and consumed two a few days ago. This evening I purchased another two, which I plan on consuming in the coming days.

-Last night was a very busy night at work. From time I started at 6:00, until I clocked about over eight and a half hours later, I didn't stop hustling. Not only was there plenty of busing to do, we also had a fair number of keg changes, but plenty of furniture to move, as well as some shoveling and salting to attend to. Fortunately our hard work was rewarded with it being a very good night for tips.c

No comments: