Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 161

-Today was another pretty nice day in Montreal. We didn’t really have much of anything in terms of abnormal weather conditions, I mean, it wasn’t even all that cold today.

-Seems that I am now 6/27 with Roll Up the Rim so far this year. During class this afternoon, one of my classmates was convinced that I was about to win one of the boats. Both of us are dreading such an occurrence as we would have no particularly good way of dealing with such a prize at the moment. The joke is that if we win a boat we will have to have to store it at our parents’ houses.

-A few days ago a few co-workers and I were talking about the unpleasant experience that is drinking spruce beer. If I recall correctly, the general consensus, or maybe just what I thought, was that this stuff should be avoided at all costs.

As I was walking down the beer/pop aisle at the grocery store a few days ago I noticed that the store brand made a spruce beer. Assuming that they would have cut come of the spruce flavour and added some sugar, I decided to give it a try, for old times sake.

After letting it chill in my fridge for a few days, I eventually got around to trying it. Shortly after pouring myself a fair sized glass I tried it, only to find that it tasted pretty much like tree. The 40 grams of sugar per 355 ml seemed to have done nothing to make it sweet and tasty. I very quickly reached the conclusion that I wouldn’t be having any more.

When Nithum returned a few days ago I mentioned that he was welcome to have as much of the spruce beer as he wanted, and that whatever he didn’t drink we could just throw away. After his first taste he thought we could keep it around for a while, he would give it a chance.

Later that same evening I went into the kitchen and found that the spruce beer had been removed from the fridge and placed on the counter. It seems that Nithum’s infatuation hadn’t lasted even a full evening. Sometime in the next couple of weeks one of us will get around to throwing the rest away, though we don’t’ want to rush it as who knows who may want to try some.

-I should be working on assignments right now, particularly my presentation on the development of support for intellectual freedom in the American library community. I have plenty to do on that front, far more than I like to admit to myself.

No comments: