Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 163

-Though I haven't really been outside all that much today, it doesn't seem as though it has been a particularly cold or aggressive day. Unfortunately, the skies again overcast, continuing the trend.

-I think that I must now be 8/36 for this year's Roll Up the Rim to Win contest. I will need to pick up my game if I want to keep well ahead of the standard 9 to 1 win ratio.

-The Globe and Mail seems to have about two levels of Sudokus, the easy ones and the hard ones. Instead of switching these levels up from day to day, they seem to only change difficulty levels once every month or so.

This means that for about a month I think that I am doing quite well, so well that there isn't really much point in me continuing to try to complete these puzzles as they seem to complete themselves. Just as I start to think this, they change and I am not able to complete any.

After about a month of not being able to complete any of the puzzles I start to wonder why I am even trying as no matter how hard I try I don't make any substantial progress. Just as I start to think this they get easier, causing me to think that I have improved, and I continue to attempt them, and the cycle keeps on going.

-I really meant to bake some bread today, maybe that will have to happen tomorrow. If it doesn't happen in the next day or two I will have to toss my milk and start again.

No comments: