Monday, March 17, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 164

-Today was a beautiful day, the first in a while. The weather was quite warm, certainly warmer than reported by Environment Canada, and the sun was out, making it a nice day for walking and being outdoors. As the night progresses, the temperature has begun to drop, a somewhat common trend.

-With two more loses today I am now 8/38 with this year's Roll Up the Rim contest. My attempts to pick up my game have clearly failed. Maybe if I try hard I will be able to improve tomorrow.

-As my milk was about to go I decided to bake some bread today. This seemed to go relatively well. As I was doing laundry at the same time I didn't really waste too much time.

-My laundry washing was also quite productive. Though I am beginning to become somewhat frustrated that each time I wash my duvet cover items seem to migrate inside, and then don't dry properly.

-As term will be ending in a few weeks I need to start thinking about moving. Unfortunately, it seems that this is going to be a somewhat unpleasant process, particularly as I will likely be forced to leave things in Montreal and then re-buy equivalents where ever I end up next year. I guess it really isn't worth moving crap half-way across the country though.

-For some reason my library use seems to be way up this term. Particularly my checking out of monographs seems to be way up. I would guess that I have checked out more books this term alone than in the three previous terms combined.

-It seems that Sunday is now my big podcast day. Both Jordan, Jesse, Go! and This American Life Tend to release new episodes at around the same time on Sunday evening. The downside is that most new podcast content is consumed withing about a four hour period. Maybe I will try subscribing to a few additional podcasts to fill the void.

No comments: